Thanks for your interest,
below are the position(s) we are hiring for.
Account Executive Position
Philadelphia, PA Area
Job Description: Do you believe that work matters? Well, we do too. In fact, we are an agency dedicated to helping engineers and scientists, and the companies they work for, showcase their amazing achievements to the larger world.
McDAY is looking for an experienced Account Executive who wants to jump in head-first and help continue the growth of this technically oriented advertising agency. You will oversee three-five accounts, manage and perform the tasks, day-to-day, that it takes to keep our clients raving about our organization.
If you’re passionate about helping people and the companies they love, and if you like to organize, create, write and have fun, we want to talk to you!
Position Description: We’re looking for a dynamic, high performing individual with a technical degree (chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, math, physics), who is uber-organized, has run projects as a team leader, loves to write and yup, talk on the phone. The ideal candidate has a history of delivering creatively and beyond the expected task, hitting deadlines and is comfortable being part of an often-virtual team (we like to go and visit our clients a lot, so we’re on the road and you’ll be responsible for keeping track of us and our tasks!)
• Manage the details of delivering promised projects to our clients on-time and with exceptional quality
• Use the technical background to dig in and understand the nuances and potential of our client’s solutions
• Maintain and organize a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and McDAY partner, employee, and client interaction, in an often- virtual environment
• Writing and editing articles, blog posts, social media content, ads, email copy
• Comfort level with calling editors to pitch ideas for articles on behalf of our clients
• Skillfully deliver web-based McDAY storyline to a new prospect
• Handle all transactional details for assigned clients: billing, call reports, milestone reports
• Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
• Drive to individually excel while still being a fantastic team player
• Occasional travel to client sites
What You Bring to the Team:
• 2-20 years of experience working on the technical side of the business
• Strong track record of achievement in delivering projects on time
• An instinct to look “beyond”, at clients’ technologies, and see through it, to the true differentiators, seeing ways to engage our client’s clients
• Ad agency experience is not required, we are more interested in the technical background, as well as an ability to think creatively and demonstrate superior writing skills
• Previously trained in consultative / value-based selling
• You are often described as someone with both “left brain” and “right-brain” skills
• Technically savvy with Apple Mac, Outlook, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
• Public Relations experience would be a plus
• 4-year degree from a great college or university
Why McDAY: We truly believe that where you work matters and we are paving the way with a semi-virtual company that offers extraordinary flexibility, encourages collaboration and new ideas, has a lot of fun together and is proud to call the gorgeous city of Philadelphia home. Contribute to our ever-growing portfolio of communications projects, which help our engineering and scientist clients convey the amazing work they do, to the larger world.
• Competitive compensation
• 20-30 hrs/week
• WFH (Work from Home) Options
• Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
• Company and team volunteer days
Love the active life? We have company and team outings like running races, brewery trips, Italian dinners